Root Canal Treatment
Painless Single Sitting Root Canal
Decay of teeth (cavity) if left untreated progresses deep & reaches nerve of tooth which gives rise to dental pain. At this stage the tooth can only be saved by performing a root canal treatment.
Now a days Root Canal Treatment can be completed in one sitting which is done by an Endodontist (Root Canal Specialist) where in rotary instruments are used to clean the canals. It is comparatively painless, more effective & time saving procedure than multiple sitting root canal treatment.
Advantages Of Single Sitting Root Canal
Procedure of Root Canal Therapy involves:
- It is absolutely painless & comfortable procedure
- Less time required & 5 to 6 Root Canals can be completed in a single sitting
- The procedure is conducted by Endodontist (specialist in Root Canal).
- Anesthetize the tooth using local anesthesia.
- An access is made through the decayed part of tooth to expose the canals.
- Standard tiny files are used to remove the content of canals. (nerve tissue, decay, bacteria)
- These tiny files are used in increasing size to gently shape the canals so as to receive the filling material.
- Once the tooth is thoroughly cleaned with medicines, it will be sealed with permanent filling material or temporary filling if additional appointment is required.
- A Filling is placed on top of tooth to cover the opening (access cavity) of tooth.
- Then a Crown is placed on top of tooth to prevent it from breaking & restore it to its full function.